Example text of another memo
What will the common results be and how should these be interpreted?
- A list of EGFR TKI therapies approved by Health Canada and/or that have clinical evidence of efficacy will be provided based on the EGFR variant(s) identified in the clinical report.[HC1] [TT2]
- Negative – No EGFR variants were detected with the Idylla™ EGFR Mutation test.
- Fail – The Idylla™ EGFR Mutation test did not provide interpretable results. The most common reasons for this being the quantity and/or quality of DNA was insufficient to obtain a result from the tests or due to a cartridge/instrument failure.
How can I access the clinical report results of an Idylla EGFR Mutation test for my patient?
- The report will be generated using the CGL SHIRE platform that has formed the basis of all CGL molecular reporting and will be uploaded in the BC Cancer CAIS database.
- Additionally, a parallel report (referencing the same CGL BM[TB(3] accession number) will be generated in the COPATH[TT4] Pathology system which allows for automated upload and sharing of information with the widely- adopted CARECONNECT system.
- The integrated adoption of these two approaches will ensure optimal dissemination of test information to the vast majority of cancer physicians, internal and external to the BC Cancer system, in BC.
- Edge SB, Compton CC. The American Joint Committee on Cancer: the 7th edition of the AJCC cancer staging manual and the future of TNM. Ann Surg Oncol. 2010 Jun;17(6):1471-4. doi: 10.1245/s10434-010-0985-4. PMID: 20180029.
- Health Canada Tagrisso Product Monograph:
- Wu Y, Tsuboi M. He J. et al. Osimertinib in Resected EGFR-Mutated Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. N Engl J Med 2020; 383:1711-1723 DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa2027071